Lucas Mondelo, national women’s basketball coach, has made known to the twelve players that will make up the squad that will travel to Tokyo next Saturday, July 17, to compete in what will be the fifth Olympic Games for the women’s team.
The players that will make up the team are Silvia Dominguez, Cris Ouviña, Laia Palau, Maite Cazorla, Queralt Casas, Leo Rodriguez, Maria Count, Alba Torrens placeholder image, Rachel Carrera, Laura Gil, Tamara abalde Y Astou Ndour, who will join the team imminently.
The eaves Laura Quevedo and the pivot Paula ginzo, which have been the two discards, will continue working together with the rest of the team until next July 15.
The coach highlighted that “the two players have been part of the national team throughout this summer, playing the Valencia Eurobasket, helping the team and performing at the highest level ”.
“They are players of the present and future, who have shown great professionalism and have done a good job,” he added Mondelo.
The women’s team will travel to Tokyo next Saturday, July 17. Before, and over the next few days, it will continue in Madrid with its set-up for what will be the fifth Games in women’s history.
“The players transmit a lot of energy to me and despite the losses and difficulties, we continue to grow day by day. We will go to Tokyo with enthusiasm. I have hope in the team, ”Mondelo said.
The squad of the Spanish team for Tokyo 2020
No. Player Height Age Position VI
6. Silvia Domínguez 1,68 34 Base 191
5. Cristina Ouviña 1.73 29 Base 94
9. Laia Palau 1.80 41 Base 310
12. Maite Cazorla 1.78 24 Base-escort 13
18. Queralt Casas 1.77 28 Bodyguard 72
11. Leo Rodríguez 1.80 29 Bodyguard 91
22. María Conde 1.86 24 Alero 40
7. Alba Torrens 1.90 31 Forward 177
14. Raquel Carrera 1.88 19 Power-Forward 13
24. Laura Gil 1.91 29 Power forward 128
13. Tamara Abalde 1.90 32 Center 64
45. Astou Ndour 1.96 26 Center 71.