Novak Djokovic faces a difficult challenge against Cristian Garín on Monday in his round of 16 match at Wimbledon. The Serbian starts as a great favorite to take the game against the Chilean … less for the Wimbledon predictor.
And is that the Last Word On Sports portal has published an article in which the doubts of the Wimbledon predictor are evident with the IBM Watson system on a possible Djokovic victory. In the preview published on the official Wimbledon website, the predictor gives Djokovic a 57% chance of victory while shooting a 43% chance of Garin.
These data are striking since Garín has never played on the Wimbledon Center Court and that, in the only match between the two in the 2020 ATP Cup, Djokovic easily prevailed. by a double 6-3.
The case of Djokovic is not the only one in which the Watson predictor grants great equality in terms of percentages since In the rest of the round of 16 matches, he does not give any of the favorites more than 60% (in the case of Shapovalov-Bautista the prediction is 51% -49% for the Canadian) except in the case of Matteo Berrettini, who gives him a 65% chance of winning against Ilya Ivashka (35%). We will see if Djokovic thwarts the calculations of the predictor Watson or if on the contrary Garin makes good the omens of Watson at Wimbledon.