Memphis pulled off an incredible comeback to take the series lead against Minnesota

In the stadium Target Center and for the third game of the first round of the playoffs of the Western Conference of the NBAthe grizzlies made an incredible comeback to win by 104-95 to the Timberwolves and go to the front 2-1 in the series.

The local team started on fire and won the first quarter 39-21. In the following period, they were up on the scoreboard by 26 points -the maximum difference in the match-, but the visitors responded with 15 units in a row to go down by 7 at halftime.

Minnesota imposed conditions again in the third quarter, in which they opened a gap of 25 units in their favor. With three minutes left in the period, they were 79-54 and the game seemed over.

However, Memphis did not give up and with an impressive run of 21-0 leveled the actions with 8 and a half minutes to go. And in the last stretch, the Wolves did not find the compass in attack, while they continued to give too many facilities in defense.

Those led by Taylor Jenkins, meanwhile, were smart to play with the rival’s desperation. They didn’t make many mistakes defensively, while on the other side they found high-percentage shots.

For those commanded by Chris Finch it was a serious problem the number of personal fouls of Karl-Anthony Towns, who quickly arrived at five and could not be very aggressive in his movements. In 32 minutes of action he recorded just eight points. D’Angello Russell (22) and Anthony Edwards (19) combined for 41 points, though it fell short.

On the other hand, Jaren Jackson Jr (six points in 21′), was also conditioned for five infractions, but instead appeared Brandon Clark (20 units) to keep their people afloat. In addition, the 26 points of Desmond Bane To counteract the poor performance of Ja Morant (5/18 from the field and seven turnovers).

The series will continue in Minneapolis this Saturday with the fourth meeting between the two and then return to FedExForum for Game 5.

Photo: Getty Images

Leave a Comment